Scout Fair at Mission Vista High School
The San Diego-Imperial Council’s “Be A Scout” Fair is coming! This community wide diverse event showcases our first-class programs in a fun and exciting way. Cubs, Scouts BSA, Venturers, Sea Scouts and Explorers from across our Council join together for a day of highlighting Scouting fun!
This year’s “Be A Scout” Fair takes place on Saturday, April 13th, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, at
- Mission Vista High School 1306 Melrose Drive Oceanside, CA
“Be A Scout” Fair offers something for everyone … from community members, to Scouts and Scouters, family and friends. There are plenty of opportunities to participate, including:
- Sponsoring and running a Scout Fair booth.
- Enter your best recipe in our Dutch Oven Cook-Off or Cardboard Oven Cook-Off. (option on booth registration)
- Racing in the world famous San Diego 500 Pinewood Derby.
- Earning badges at the Merit Badge Alley.
- and meeting our nation’s finest first responders and the youth programs they offer.
Invite your buddies and come be a part of the biggest Scout show in San Diego!
MERIT BADGE ALLEY: Online registration will be available around 5:00pm on 12 March.
Registration with a fee of $10 is required to participate in merit badge sessions. Scouts may choose a maximum of two merit badges. Each class will have a maximum class size, as set by the merit badge counselor.
- Merit Badge sessions begin at 9:00 am (other events begin at 10:00 am).
- Sessions for a merit badge will be filled prior to the Fair. Sorry, no walk-ins.
- Scouts must bring a signed merit badge card (blue card) that is completely filled out, a pen or pencil, and a merit badge worksheet (available at usscouts.org/usscouts/mb/worksheets/list.asp).
- Review the list of merit badges being offered and the requirements that should be completed prior to the Fair.
- Scouts must bring proof of completion of requirements to finish prior to Fair.
- Scouts who do not bring proof of prerequisites will earn a PARTIAL for most merit badges offered.
- Scouts should arrive 10 minutes before their scheduled class with any required materials and their signed blue card.
- Troops that register to run a booth at the Scout Fair will have priority to register for merit badge classes. Upon registering, they will receive a link to register for the merit badges.
Merit Badge Alley Resources:
- Offered Merit Badges
- Online registration will be available around 5:00pm on 12 March.