Important Things to Know
- All greenery orders will be taken online at https://troop782.org/documents/place-greenery-order/
- Order cutoff will be the first Monday in November
- As we get closer to the cutoff date some items may be sold out
- There are local orders and direct shipped orders
- Local orders will be picked up and delivered by you
- Direct shipped (out-of-town) orders are shipped directly to the recipient, shipping costs included
- All Scouts that sell $500 or more of greenery will have 10% of their total sales added to their troop Scout Bucks account.
- Scout Bucks can be used for any scouting expenses including registration, campouts, and equipment
- Scout Bucks will expire one year after Troop registration lapses
- Expired Scout Bucks will be used by the Troop at the direction of the committee
- Wear your full class A uniform
- Show the QR code on a smart device or printed out from https://troop782.org/documents/greenery-qr-codes/
- Instruct the customer to use their smart device to scan the code and order. BE SURE TO REMIND THEM TO PUT YOUR SCOUT’S NAME AS THE SELLER
- Encourage the customer to pay at the time of purchase via Credit Card or Venmo when possible
- GET THE ORDER NUMBER FROM THE TRANSACTION (Example: G1234-2023)
- IF PAYING BY VENMO HAVE THE CUSTOMER PUT THE ORDER NUMBER INTO THE COMMENT FIELD OF THE VENMO APP
- IF PAYING BY CHECK HAVE THE CUSTOMER PUT THE ORDER NUMBER IN THE MEMO FIELD
- IF PAYING BY CASH WRITE THE ORDER NUMBER AND AMOUNT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENVELOPE
- Bring an envelope for cash and checks with order numbers and amounts to the next troop meeting
- This is one of the most effective ways to sell to out-of-town relatives and friends
- If you want a list of emails from those that purchased from you last year, email email@example.com
- Be sure to tell your customers to insert the selling scout’s name when placing an order
Pickup and Delivery
- As soon after Thanksgiving as possible, depending in shipping times from Oregon and logistics issues
- You will be directed to select a pickup day and time from a distribution center
- You will be directed to download your list of greenery to collect, where each item is to be delivered and to whom.
- Order numbers, phone numbers of the recipients, and purchaser email addresses will be provided
- You will need to collect any unpaid balances at the time of deliver
- Be sure to keep track of money collected and the order number(s) associated with the payment
Checking on Orders
- You can monitor orders attributed to your scout by going to: https://troop782.org/documents/greenery-scoreboard/
- Enter your scout’s name in the search box to see a list of orders.
- You can also print the list from that page.
In Case You Forget
All the links, QR Codes, and instructions are accessible from the Troop782.org main menu.