Canoe Training/Old Salty Rat
Dates set, times mushy.
- Plan and complete a canoe or kayak trip around Mission Bay on the route specified in Trek Aid No. 101A. Camp overnight on Mission Bay, preferably at the Youth Aquatic Center on Fiesta Island.
- All food and equipment must be carried in the canoes or kayaks and a hot meal must be prepared at a stop along the way. A cold or sack lunch disqualifies the participants.
- All Scout participants must have completed Swimming and Canoeing Merit Badges. Scouter participants must have completed the High Adventure Leader training for Water Treks.
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) approved for the type of craft used must be worn at all times while afloat. Scout and unit leaders must certify that this requirement was met.
- Comply with the General Requirements of this Trek Aid.
Note: A powerboat may be in attendance for safety reasons only. This boat may not carry food or equipment or tow canoes or kayaks except in an emergency.